CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): supporting your well-being and travel plans!
As a guest of Abigail’s Bed and Breakfast Inn we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you place in us as your vacation partner.
Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that the coronavirus is causing, our highest priority is your health and well being. With that in mind we wanted to update you on the actions that we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Consistent with CDC and WHO guidelines, we have instituted the following measures: Please note that these guidelines may change over time, however we will ensure to keep you updated on our in-house procedures.
- All rooms and common areas are being sanitized from top to bottom
- All surfaces, light switches and doorknobs are being sanitized between guests
- Self Check-in with a personal door code will be issued to you on the day of you expected arrival via text message to the cell number given to us. This code will allow you access to the main house and to your room. Check out will remain at 11 am to allow for a cleaning and disinfecting period to the room. A receipt will be left for you to collect from the notice board for your stay or on your breakfast table.
- In lieu of our community style breakfasts, we offer individual dining-room tables for social distancing should you wish to take breakfast downstairs at 9:00 am. You will be able choose the following options on booking when it comes to breakfast:
- The option for no breakfast in our discounted rates.
- The option to partake of our Gourmet Two Course Sit Down Breakfast $$ from 9:00 am to 9:30 am.
- The option to have a packed To-Go Continental Breakfast $ from 8:00 am to 9:00 am.
- Please ensure to confirm type of breakfast service and dietary requirements when booking.
- Suspended and limited housekeeping services, so that no one will be entering your room during your stay unless requested upon check-in. However fresh towels and amenities can be replaced daily upon request as well as trash removal.
Thank you for considering Abigail’s Bed and Breakfast Inn! Our Bed and Breakfast Inn is located in Ashland, OR in the scenic Rogue Valley, providing convenient accommodations within 0.7 of a mile to town and near Mt. Ashland and Southern Oregon University. Adam and I recommend that you take the time to read our policies. Reading our policies will go a long way to ensuring that you make the right decision when booking your vacation lodging with us.
Abigail’s Policies on Rooms:
- Abigail’s Bed and Breakfast Inn is a SMOKE, VAPOR, MARIJUANA FREE property. A minimum $300 fee and up will be charged to return any room to a non-smoking etc. status.
- Our two-course Chef’s Choice Breakfast is served at 9:00 am in our dining room.
- Our to-go Continental Breakfast is ready for collection between the hours of 8:00 am and 9:00 am.
- Unfortunately, for the comfort of all guests, we cannot accommodate pets.
- Children aged 16 and older are welcome to stay in the main house. Children of any age are welcome in the Abigail’s Vacation Cottage; however, please note that we do not supply amenities for infants in the cottage.
- Check-in hours are between the hours of 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Arrangements for late arrivals need to be made in advance with the Innkeeper. Please, no calls or late arrivals after 10:00 pm out of respect and courtesy of other house guests and Innkeeper. Early arrivals are must be requested, however no promises, as Abigail’s staff is turning rooms over from the previous night to ensure that everything is ready for your check-in at 3.00 pm. A $50.00 fee will be assessed on the bill for urgency and extra housekeeping preparations related to unexpected early arrivals.
- Please note: drop-off of bags or in-room items can be accommodated by prior arrangements.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am. We are unable to accommodate a late check-out.
- Abigail’s Bed and Breakfast is an environmentally friendly B&B, and as such we offer a daily “tidy” between the hours of 9 am and 12:30 pm. Our guest room amenities are supplied by Greenwich Bay Trading Co.
- The burning of candles or incense in guest rooms or public areas is not allowed due to insurance regulations.
- We request that you do not use essential oils in the guest rooms as it may leave residual aromas that may inadvertently affect our other guests.
- We cater to the comfort, privacy and security of our registered guests. Therefore guest visitors are only permitted on the property with the prior approval of the Innkeepers. Persons not staying at the inn overnight are not permitted in the house at any time.
Abigail’s Policies on Rates:
- Your deposit guarantees your room rate. The balance of your reservation will be charged 30 days prior to arrival. Bookings made within 30 days of arrival will be charged in full at time of reservation.
- A cancellation/processing admin fee of $25.00 per room will be subtracted from your deposit, if you cancel your booking 30 days or more prior to your booked arrival date.
- Cancellations of less than 30 days prior to your arrival date will require payment in full for all dates booked. Only when the room nights are re-booked will the deposit be refunded. This deposit will be less a $25.00 processing admin fee per room.
- No credit or refunds for early departures or late arrivals.
- Full price for the entire reservation will be charged if a guest fails to arrive/show.
- The City of Ashland and State of Oregon lodging tax of 11.8% is not included in the room rate.
- Rates are for the Inn are for one or two persons in a room.
- Rates for “Abigail’s Vacation Cottage” are for four persons.
- Balance of charges are due 30 days prior to arrival.
Group Bookings & Whole House Rentals:
- These policies relate to booking three or more rooms together.
- We require a deposit of 50% of the total reservation when booking.
- In addition to the deposit, we will require you to pay the balance of the entire reservation a full six weeks prior to arrival.
- No refunds on cancellation.
We recommend that because of our strict cancellation policies our guests consider purchasing Travel Insurance in advance. This will cover accommodation losses and travel expenses due to unforeseen circumstances. These may include personal, medical or unfavorable weather conditions. See “Easy step-by-step guides to help you buy the best travel insurance plan. Simple company reviews and helpful free articles to make it easy: Travel Insurance Companies” or see Cancel for Any Reason Coverage.
- What PII is collected?
- How PII is used?
- How we market?
- With whom PII may be shared?
- How PII is secured?
- How long is PII stored?
- How you can request changes or removal of PII?
What PII is Collected?
- We collect PII that you voluntarily give us through this website, email or other direct contact with you have with us. This typically includes: Guest Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses, Dietary Restrictions, Payment Data and any other Reservation Notes you provide us.
- While on the property, we record video of external entrances.
- When you book through a third-party, the information you provide the third-party is shared with us so that the reservation can be made in our system.
- We make use of website analytic tools that collect data related to your activity while on our website. This data is anonymized to protect your privacy.
How PII is Used?
- PII is strictly used for reservation purposes.
- Video collected on the property is used for security purposes.
- Data collected by the website analytics tools are strictly used to help us make business decisions regarding our website and generalized marketing strategy.
How We Market
- We make use of generalized marketing techniques that do not target a pecific individual..
- We recommend that you follow us on social media if you want to know what is going on at Abigail’s Bed and Breakfast Inn
With Whom PII may be Shared?
- We do not sell or rent PII to anyone. As our reservation system, Rezovation, is operated and maintained in-house; they have access to our data.
- Upon valid request by law enforcement or governmental agencies, we will share as minimal PII required to fulfil their request.
How PII is Secured
- Our website uses SSL technology (https) to encrypt transferred data. Access to credit card information is given only to those employees requiring it to collect payment.
- All other PII is stored in a secure fashion and accessible to only those employees requiring the information to do their job.
- Rezovation servers are secured and the personal data protected within their technology environment.
How Long is PII Stored
- Credit card information is stored (and encrypted) indefinitely within our system. This allows us to reduce the time for future reservations.
- Video collected on the property is removed based on the system’s data storage capacity.
How you can request changes or removal of PII
- You may call us at 541-482-4563 to request changes or removal of PII.
- It may not be possible to change or remove some or all PII as we must be able to fulfill legal requirements for tax purposes.
- Requests for changes or removal of PII would be done in the current system and not on any backup devices. Backup devices are set to retain data for a reasonable period of time before being deleted. Backup devices are only used to restore data in the case of a critical data lose at which point your PII may once again appear in our system. We will make a reasonable effort to change or modify your PII from restored data.